Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dr. Romeo the Endodoncia

Yesterday I went to get my root canal at the Dental Studio Merida out in Colonia Mexico Norte. The endodoncia, Dr. Edgar Rivas Urcelay, was young and very handsome with lots of credentials on his wall. He was thorough, professional, friendly and confident. He explained each step to me as it was about to take place and warned me when there would be noise, vibration, drilling, and the estimated times along the way to the end of the procedure. When he took x-rays along the way he said it was a really good root canal job - he was confident in his work. His office was immaculate and had all the latest technology. Unfortunately, I have had to endure other root canals in the U.S. and the service, professionalism, techniques used, and technology was at least equal to and/or surpassed that in the U.S. This was, however, the first root canal where tooth pain had preceded the visit, and made it somewhat of an emergency. Now, for the difference when comparing Dr. Rivas to the endodontist I had in the U.S. - Dr. Rivas was much younger, much more handsome, and he sang jazzy love songs (in English) the whole time he was working on my mouth. My U.S. endodontist in Victoria, Tx never sang love songs to me.
Dr. Rivas is pictured second from the left....this picture was taken from www.yucatanliving.com


 I fell in love with my endodoncia! 

Since I had the choice of doing the entire root canal in one sitting or breaking it up into two appointments and elected for the all-in-one, I was in the chair for over two hours - that was two hours of love songs. It didn't help that Terry had instructed me earlier to "just picture him naked" if I got uptight and needed to think of something to take my mind off of it. Now, I am thinking maybe I should have broken the visit up into two appointments. I probably would have had more love songs sung to me that way. Darn!

Tomorrow, I go the the dentista specializing in restorative dentistry for the crown work. SHE is also young, well-trained, and very attractive and Terry is anxiously awaiting the visit. He got up this morning, had a haircut, and trimmed his mustache...don't know if this means anything! Will find out manana.

 

4 comments: