Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Crown for the Queen


On Thursday of last week I saw Dr. Cecilia Vasquez for crownwork. I got a temporary crown and an appt.for this past Wednesday for the permanent crown. I do think I am relatively easy to please, but Dr. Vasquez was a jewel. Without going into a lot of detail, it seems the dental community that I have dealt with are all close work associates, personal friends, and help each other out on a regular basis. I had received a recommendation from another highly-respected restorative dentist (Dr. Diana Navarro) when she had no appointments available until the following week she recommended Dr. Vasquez. Dr. Vasquez's office is over in Col. Mexico Oriente and the most stressful part of the first appointment was dealing with our taxi driver when he couldn't locate her office, and then kept getting the wrong directions dispatched to him. They were getting Col. Mexico and Col. Mexico Oriente mixed up. The two colonias are east/west of each other. When Terry and I left Dr. Vasquez's office, we walked a couple of blocks and just rode the city bus back to Centro.
Yesterday we walked the few blocks to get to the bus stop over by the Centro CFE office and took the bus out to Dr. Vasquez's. I had Google mapped to get a general idea of how we would go out there, but of course the busses cut through the neighborhoods and confuse you once you get off the main drags. But we were lucky and had the nicest bus driver. When we hopped on I had told him where were trying to go so he took care of us. It's one reason I love bus drivers. When we realized we were close, we asked to get off. He told me "no"...he would be making the corner and he would stop right on the cross street we would need to walk down. We were dropped off within about 5 buidlings from her office. The appt. went quick and after a few minutes of grinding down and polishing the crown, Dr. Vasquez put it on and told me to go home and enjoy eating anything I wanted.
Dr. Vasquez and I enjoyed talking...family, shopping in Houston, the growth of Merida, etc., etc. She speaks English very well but she also let me brush on my Spanish too telling me that the key to learning and speaking it well was "practica".
Thank you, Dr. Vasquez!

No comments:

Post a Comment