Saturday, December 29, 2012

All in a Day's Work...Not

Here is how the day, pick just about any day, went by or goes here...
Each morning starts out with bed coffee...the stronger the better. Sometimes I set the timer and prepare it the night before, sometimes Terry does, sometimes neither of us does/then we have to draw straws to see who makes it in the morning, and I have even been known to prepare it, set the timer, and forget to put the coffee in the little basket. No matter how it shakes - every day starts out with coffee in bed. Otherwise, I don't get out of bed.


This morning I washed a load of clothes and hung them out on the line to dry. Of course, it looked like it may rain and that meant it was my wash day/my clothes. Somehow it is always bright and sunny when Terry washes his clothes. Well, it didn't rain and now that I think about it...it's dark and my clothes are still on the line!

Then there is always sweeping to do. I have swept so much that I no longer get blisters from holding a broom. But, sweeping the front patio usually leads to somebody stopping and talking. I don't care whether they are selling something I want or don't want, or wanting to spread the word, or clean my house...I always talk to them because I walk away learning something.


After washing clothes I did my yoga moves/stretching exercises. I think Terry was studying guitar or doing his Spanish at the time. Some days we do Spanish together and some days we do it independently. Terry studies his Spanish todos los dias...I study mine todos los dias mas o menes.
Oops! Time for cocktails so I'll finish this tomorrow. Cocktails and music followed by dinner on the patio is how we end the day so I won't pick up until manana.

I worked on my painting of nothing in particular...it's the colors in the painting that I like and not really the painting itself. I just like the paint!

I read, I paint, I surf the net, I write emails, I procrastinate about finishing Dad and Gary's website, I blog, I think about how lucky I am, I watch the weather, I listen to the sounds, I practice the art of doing nothing. I daydream about writing my steamy novel and picture my vodka cut crystal shot glass as the front jacket cover, except the glass is shattered on the front. But, that could change if I ever actually start writing it.

And we have worries. Each day we worry about if it's going to be a good internet service day or not. Our internet service comes to us from the proximity to the park, and it's gratis. So I guess we shouldn't worry nor complain too much. But on a good internet service day we worry because we are totally reliant on the internet for our news source. On a good internet day we get too much news and then worry - because news is never good.
We always have at least one errand to run, or I should say errand to walk, and if we don't we just go for a walk to see what we can see. The other day we went walking and I can't help but look inside the houses when the doors/windows are open...which they almost always are....and I saw a lady sewing. I have been wanting to find a costurera for quite some time. In fact, for so long that I can't remember what I originally wanted sewn...I think it was cushions for the dining chairs. She said she would make almohadas for me. I wrote down her address and kept it for the future as it was south and east of us which is a direction we don't normally travel. So glad her window was open!



It may not sound like it, but the days seem to go by quickly. I love getting plenty of sleep which we do these days...and nights.

Late afternoons are more of the same. Preparing dinner is always a production....another one-dish meal usually. In other words - we continue a Mexican version of boat food. Then, it's time for cocktails, music and we eat dinner, read, and fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. my neighbor sews. Shes made stuff for me, clothes and things, you should come over, I'll introduce you!

    ReplyDelete