Saturday, March 17, 2012

Celebra San Patricio ¡con buena cerveza!

When I turned on my computer this morning the headline on mx.yahoo.com read: Celebra San Patricio con bueno cerveza....sounds like a good idea to me. So
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Ya'll


I don't know what made me think about this, but here's the story -
When Terry and I got off the plane here in Merida, and went through customs, we got our luggage and headed through the point where you walk through security, they scan your luggage, and then you hit the little button to see if you can go on, or you get your luggage searched. I went through first and before I even got to the button pushing part, they stopped me and questioned me: Was I traveling alone? Answer: No, I was traveling with my esposo. Was it just the two of us traveling together? Answer: Si. Did we have three computers? Answer: Yes. Terry had brought his laptop and I had brought my laptop and also my small computer that's about the size of an Ipad. They knew this because by then Terry was getting his luggage scanned, and the girl scanner had seen it and stopped the scanning process.  
I wasn't sure why it was an issue at the time, and probably a case of ignorance is bliss as we realized later on that each traveler into Mx. is allowed to bring one computer each with them. It's funny as at this point what really constitutes a computer? What about an Iphone? It does a lot more than my little portable laptop.
Bottom line - They were very nice about it, and the people that were questioning us were very pleasant and just doing their job. Glad they didn't take my computer away! Glad they let us in Mx.!

Thinking about hitting a museum today....







No comments:

Post a Comment