Saturday, March 1, 2014

Four Doesn't Equal Two


Yesterday all three of the albaƱiles showed up and diligently worked on the stairs and flower box. While they were busy, Terry decided to go to the ATM and pick up a few groceries. I decided to head out in the opposite direction. I was on a mission to buy four new terracotta light covers so I could get rid of the four hot little spotlights in the kitchen. I had spotted the ones I wanted at one of the tiendas next to the Mercado Galvez when Terry and I had gone out walking in search of the Lady of Guadalupe tile mosaica.

Before we parted ways, I told Terry I was buying four of them and he agreed to buy the necessary lights and sockets.

I love the Mercado Galvez. I love it best when I am alone and can wander through it and stop when I want to. I like to go off in the middle of the stalls and just watch the vendors, look at their wares, and smell the smells. I've decided Mercado Galvez is a lot like liver. You either love it or hate it. On each of Kimberly's visits she and I have gone and she loved it. Kate, Kimberly and I went through it last year and we had a great time. Terry can only stand so much of it. After awhile he starts getting claustrophobic. When Lisa and Tisha were here visiting I took them. We were all tired and I got completely turned around and it wasn't fun at all. The mercado expedition ended when one of them asked how far it was to the nearest sidewalk cafe where we could sit and drink a few cold cervezas. I would bet neither of them care for liver either.

My favorite part of the mercado are the fruits and vegetables, but best of all the section where all the bulk spices are sold. I just can't get enough of the smell. And looking at those huge mounds of achiote paste makes me want to just jump into it and see just how red I would get. And just imagine the smell!


Well, after wandering around in the mercado and taking some pictures, which I can't ever resist doing, I walked to the tienda and struck up a good bargain by buying not one cover but four of them. I headed home with my backpack and arms full. But not so full that I didn't also stop along the way and buy a fresh pineapple.

It just so happened that Terry and I got home at about the same time. I showed him the four covers and he showed me the two light sockets.
When did four equal two? 
THE TWO THAT TERRY INSTALLED
He KNEW I was buying four covers. I mean, that's how many we have to replace. His response was that  he wasn't going to install all of them today. Why buy more supplies than he needed for the day? He didn't want to over exert himself by doing all four of them. Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't buy one and go back lter in the day and buy the second one.
Here are some additional pictures taken along the way -

THOSE INFAMOUS, INTRIGUING DOORS


YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND THOSE DOORS...ARE THERE WALLS WITH THE PLASTER FALLING OFF OR DOES THIS HOUSE HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PASTA TILE FLOORS AND THE MOST GORGEOUS ARCHWAYS LEADING TO A PERFECTLY MANICURED COURTYARD? THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE NEVER GIVES IT AWAY.  

SPORTS BAR...BEST OF THE BEST ...HIRING YOUNG WAITRESSES...EXCELLENT SALARY





No comments:

Post a Comment