Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blame it on Terry

We have this ongoing feud about clothes washing around here. It is no joke. Every time it is Terry's day to wash his clothes he has perfect weather...sunshine, warmth and little or no humidity. But when it is my day to wash clothes the weather is humid with little or no sunshine, or worse. Terry blames it on the fact that I don't wash his clothes but expect him to do it himself. Hey, this is an equal rights/share and share alike household. Several times now after I have hung my clothes to dry I've had to take them off the clothes line and drape them over chairs to finish drying them. Last Monday, it was a beautiful day and we had previously established that it was Terry's day to wash clothes. I had taken Tuesday.....just like anything else involving work, I tend to put off until tomorrow where Terry will grab the bull by its horns. Tuesday rolls around and it wasn't a gorgeous day, but it was good enough to make me feel cocky about having a nice clothes washing day. I washed early and hung the clothes. About an hour later I get a knock at the front gate, and the city office neighbor was at the door trying to explain to me that they were going to be chiseling the concrete tinaca on the back second floor of the building. Pieces of concrete would be flying into our back patio so I needed to get my clothes in so they woudn't get messed up. So much for the nice wash day. I thanked my neighbor for letting me know, got my clothes in, and once again hung them over the chairs to dry. Terry was smirking.
Tuesday evening late it started raining and it rained all through the night. Wednesday was much cooler, cloudy and drab. Thursday was not much better. I had to walk to the store alone because I couldn't get the other groundhog who hates cold weather to even leave the house. Friday was really cold and nasty and we spent the day inside reading, guitar playing, painting, and playing computer games. No clothes washing for either of us since my attempt on Tuesday. Friday night Terry started getting a little antsy about washing his clothes. I think he has a reminder set on his computer that actually "reminds" him when he needs to wash clothes. I know he has one for trash days and water boy days.
Early this morning it was still overcast outside, but Terry announced he was going to wash clothes. I'll be damned. He put those clothes out on the line and within minutes, the clouds dissapated and it is an absolutely beautiful, sunny and perfectly wonderful wash day.
I can blame it on Terry.
And just to set the record straight - I wash all of the linens!

2 comments:

  1. During the rainy season we string clothesline from the hammock hooks in one of our less used rooms. Then we get out the big floor fan and turn it on. The clothes dry pretty fast that way.

    The sun ruins the elastic very quickly so I don't hang anything delicate outside, it goes on an short line in the laundry area.

    Another trick that I learned is to hang clothes on hangers as I take them out of the washer. They take less space on the line plus are already to put away (unless they need ironing).

    regards,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa,
      Thank you for the hints....I actually washed my clothes today and placed things on hangars before putting them on the line. Now, why couldn't I have thought to do that before?!! Thanks for sharing!
      Beverly

      Delete